Friday, December 5, 2008

The Season Commences...

O Tannenbaum

Well, since the season is about death and rebirth, hopes for immortality or restoration or at least a sense of redemption:

All Over the World

The Flame Still Burns

Some background context for those who haven't seen the movie

I highly recommend it, and I don't much like movies nor am I a diehard rock'n'roll fan. I'm more what a dear old pair of wooden dancing shoes, who played guitar and sang in the original 60s Liverpool/Hamburg/Amsterdam European/British invasion rock scene, called a "more of a Stan Getz-y/Igor Stravinsky kinda zotz".

No one wants to live forever, I think, for all the talk of Heavenly Hereafter and Eternal Life, but we all wish we didn't lose old friends and wish we didn't have to go and leave others in our time, and we all would like to have a bit of a reunion now and then, aye?

Will the Circle Be Unbroken?

No comments: