Sunday, April 28, 2019

It Is Sunday...



... and the Easter bunny has returned to his burrow, without seeing the groundhog shadow, to lay chocolate Easter eggs to hatch next April.

Now it is next Sunday, and I will go to a church of my wife's choosing and give what I have to offer because I am something close enough to call Xtian. I'll offer a smile, a silent tongue, and a contrite heart bent on forgiving myself and others for being so tragically human.

Regarding Jesus and all that, here's a song for Him and whatever He was about. Love ya, J.C.:


Tobacco Road


I was born in a bunk
Mama died and my daddy got drunk
Left me here to die or grow
In the middle of Tobacco Road

Grew up in a rusty shack
All I had was hangin' on my back
Only you know how I loathe
This place called Tobacco Road

But it's home, the only life I ever known
Only you know how I loathe
Tobacco Road

Gonna leave, get a job
With the help and the grace from above
Save some money, get rich and old
Bring it back to Tobacco Road

Bring dynamite and a crane
Blow it up, start all over again
Build me a town, be proud to show
Give it the name Tobacco Road

But it's home, the only life I ever known
I despise you 'cause yer filthy
But I love you 'cause yer home

Songwriter: John D. Loudermilk
Tobacco Road lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

No comments: